Occupational therapy (OT) helps people with disabilities to return to their life roles through the use of therapeutic methods, applied and assistive technology, and environmental modifications.
According to findings from recent randomized controlled studies:
- Occupational therapy shortens recovery time, improves function, and helps people become self-sufficient.
- Occupational therapy assessment and intervention reduces the risk of a fall in elderly patients to 39%.
- Occupational therapy significantly reduces disability in people who have strokes.
- Seventy-five percent of nursing home residents who receive OT have positive outcomes.
- Five or more occupational and physical therapy sessions per week can lead to better outcomes in patients with hip fracture.
Contact us with your questions. We would be happy to sit down and discuss your specific situation. We can help you learn about the options you have in order to make the best decision that is right for you and your loved one.
Visit our newly remodeled facility at 704 E. Main in Mount Hope, Kansas. We are just 18 miles northwest of Wichita on K-96. From Wichita or Maize, you’ll turn left onto 101 1st St. N and find us 2 miles down the road on your right. Coming on K-96 from the Hutchinson or Haven area, turn right onto North 279th St. In a half mile, turn left onto Main St. and you’ll soon find us on your left.
Give us a call at (316) 667-2431.