Nursing Home Jobs in the Wichita area
Mount Hope Nursing Center in Mount Hope is looking to hire a full-time certified nursing assistant (CNA).
Our non-profit facility has 30 beds and 45 rooms. At Mount Hope Nursing Center, we move at the resident’s pace – not by what “needs to be done.” We have open dining times and many activities – it is the CNA’s job to get to know their residents and remind them of activities that may interest them.
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) assists with providing total personal care to the residents in a safe and efficient manner. They will also accept direction and supervision from an RN or LPN while also following established regulations mandated by the state and policies and procedures of Mount Hope Nursing Center.
- Works directly with Rehabilitation Coordinator and is responsible for seeing that resident-specific restorative recommendations are implemented.
- Provides direct restorative care and formalized therapy tasks as assigned.
- Completes required documentation.
- Reports changes to licensed staff with residents’ ability/inability to participate in restorative program.
- Acts as a resource to other Nursing Assistants, assisting them in providing the specific restorative nursing care for each resident.
- Works with Nursing Assistants as necessary to assist them with the transition of residents to different restorative levels.
- Works closely with Rehab Coordinator and licensed staff in keeping restorative approaches current and on the Care Plan.
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Takes and records all vital signs
- Recognizes abnormal changes in body functioning and the importance of reporting such changes to a supervisor.
- Aids as needed with mediation reminders, bathing, grooming, dressing, escort service, and other ADLs
- Transfers, positioning, and turns residents as required.
- Provides skin care
- Contributes to the resident’s assessment and the plan of care.
- Cares for residents with Dementia
- Follows the schedule of residents needs set out by supervisor
- Respects and encourages the independence and dignity of the residents. Along with maintaining confidentiality of all residents’ and prospective residents’ information.
- Understand all Emergency Procedures and acts accordingly in drills and real-life events.
- Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings
Qualifications and Skills.
- Must be a fully-licensed CNA in good standing
- Also important is the ability to communicate well with residents, family members, and staff while also being patient and polite.
- Must possess high school diploma or GED
- One-year experience as a CNA in a similar facility.
Pay is dependent upon previous experience.
Mount Hope Nursing Center is located at 704 E. Main Mount Hope, Kansas 67108.
If you are passionate about providing care that contributes to a positive quality of life for elders, please come visit with us. Find more open nursing home jobs at our Careers page.
Full time positions are open on all shifts, with full time benefits that include Medical, Dental and Life insurance, along with dental and vision plans after 60/day probation period.
Call and visit with Christi Moore, Director of Nursing.