At Mount Hope, every staff member from nursing up to the administrator knows each of our residents by name and care for them like they are family. We are deeply invested in the day-to-day life and well-being of your loved one and are always available to listen and address concerns of residents and their families with compassion and understanding. We are not your typical nursing facility – we are a community. What sets us apart from other care homes?
- We are rank among the top 20 facilities in Kansas by the Great Plains Quality Innovation Network, which is dedicated to promoting the best quality healthcare across the United States.
- We are non-profit. Or goal isn’t to fill rooms or make money, but rather to provide compassionate, hands-on care that allows us to keep the best interest of our residents at the heart of everything we do.
- We address concerns of family and residents with compassion and personal attention, whether that involves bringing in a familiar blanket from home, supplying a favorite snack, or simply being there to listen. We focus not only on the care of our residents, but also on their well-being, doing everything possible to ensure that they are comfortable, well-adjusted, and happy in their new home.
- We are a small community. You won’t find the usual hustle and bustle that gives larger facilities an impersonal, hospital atmosphere. At Mount Hope, we move at a slower pace, and that’s not a bad thing!
- Our core staff, many of which grew up in this area, understand that your loved one needs and deserves the same personal attention and respect that they would receive if they were under the care of a family member. That’s why we take the time to talk to residents and notice if they are cheerful one day and sad he next. Our staff are concerned about more than simply meeting the basic needs of our residents. We are here to enrich the lives of individuals who come into our care – just as they, in turn, enrich our lives!
- We cultivate a nurturing, familiar environment that goes above and beyond typical nursing care. Residents and their loved ones become family to us and we rejoice and grieve with them in all of the ups and downs that life brings.
We understand that this can be a difficult time, not only for residents, but for their families, as well, and we are here to help. Many of our staff members have gone through the process of transitioning a loved one to Mt. Hope Nursing Center. If you are considering long or short-term care for your loved one, please feel free to give us a call at (316) 667-2431 or schedule a visit. We are happy to answer any questions you might have or support you in any way we can.
Mt. Hope Nursing Center is set apart by “heart”, which is conveyed in numerous ways. It can be seen in the beautiful garden and on the quaint front porch that looks out over a field of wheat. Most of all, the heart of Mt. Hope Nursing Center is found in the dedicated service of the facility’s veteran staff members who love what they do and have been with the residents for years.
Moving a loved one to an independent living apartment or nursing home can be an incredibly difficult decision, but at Mt. Hope, we strive to make that transition as smooth as possible by providing a beautiful and comfortable environment that offers high-quality care. Mt. Hope is not just where our residents live; it’s their home.
Many of the employees, leaders, and board members grew up in this community and have had parents, friends, and teachers spend their later years at this facility.
“I have worked at a couple of the giant facilities in Wichita and I have seen the turnover, the paperwork and waiting times for simple requests to work their way up the ladder and back down again and it was frustrating. At Mt. Hope, we are here to serve our residents and many things are just easier in a small town compared to the giant facilities in Wichita.” – Janet Winter, Director of Nursing
Mt. Hope Nursing Center is a small non-profit facility with a family-feel and when you visit or even call and talk to them, it shows. We’re focused on offering the our residents the best care available, not money. Our staff members know each resident by name and care for them like they are family, with genuine compassion and interest in their overall well-being. Every effort is made to ensure each resident is comfortable and happy in their new home.